Pyar Ka Panchnama
Punchnama is a Hindi word which means Postmortem report. Hence, Pyaar ka Punchnama would mean Postmortem of Love. But it is a Botched up Postmortem report. It is Based on the Premise that all relationships are doomed to fail & the reason for failure in one word is ‘Women’. As per the movie the relationships fail because women are dominating, over-possessive, chatter boxes & Manipulating!! Poor guys keep on taking all the nonsense from the Ladies until they can’t bear it any more & that’s when the relationship ends.
It is the story of 3 friends Rajat (Kartik), Chaudhary (Raayo) and Liquid (Divyendu) who are foot loose & fancy free till they meet their lady loves. Rajat meets Neha who is over possessive & clingy, Liquid meets Charu who is manipulative & uses him to run errands for her & Chaudhary meets Ria who is still not over her ex. Towards the end of the film Rajat breaks into a long monologue of how guys suffer at the hands of females which is supposed to be very hilarious but only if you can find humor in such depravity & MCPness…to me it looked like typical male behavior: lay all the blame on women..The 1st time Adam got a chance he laid all the blame on Eve…looks like things have not changed much since those times!!
This movie could have been witty & fun if it had taken a balanced look at relationships n why they end. Both genders have their quirks which contributes towards the difficulties in relationship. To take a lopsided view is foolish & retarded.
P.S.: My Lawyer friend Vijay tells me that ‘Panchnama is the first notings that are made at the scene of a crime by the Police officer and witnessed by Panchas, i.e., eye witnesses.’ but oh well the rest of the review stands good all the same!!!
Book Reviews on my Blog:
English Movie Reviews on my Blog:
Hindi Movie Reviews on my Blog:
My List of Must Watch Movies (With Reviews)
Know More About Me:
- latest movie ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama’ review(May 20, 2011) (latestmoviereview.wordpress.com)
- Pyaar Ka Punchnama (newmovierelease.wordpress.com)
- Two movies – One for girls, one for boys (mcpwrites.wordpress.com)
- Showers of advice (angelsbeauty.wordpress.com)
- Shizuoka Sake Tasting: Doi Brewery-Hana no Ka Homare Fuji Rice Junmai Ginjyo Nama Genshu (shizuokagourmet.wordpress.com)
- “i love you.. until now.. until then.. and so on.. I’ll love you forever. I promise. I will never leave you. I swear… (thelamestbloggerpiaaa.wordpress.com)
- Emptiness Inside Love (amitgunjan.wordpress.com)
- Crave Worthy: KU DIR KA Rocking Chair (casasugar.com)